Re: CULT: Irises in Finland

From: "Juri Pirogov" <jukp@aha.ru>

south bay of Finland is rather warm and most bearded do well there, but
Jyvaskyla is 150 miles North at 62th latitude as Anchorage is, so only fast
growing early blooming variety like intermedia and IMMORTALITY could bloom
successfully there.

Moscow, Russia

> From: Claire235@aol.com
> Mark,
> Finland and Minnesota have a very similar countryside, climate, etc.
> so probably anything that would do well in northern Minnesota would
> also do well there.
> When I was in Finland I noticed in cemteries the common blue fllag
> iris.   Don't remember seeing many others.  Perhaps Croftway gardens
> may have some customers from Finland.  They can only count on
> about three months of frost free weather.  They do have beautiful
> gardens of perennials though and many have vegetable gardens.
> Claire235, Isle 0f Palms, SC Zone 8 Region V

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!