Re: TB: Proud Tradition?

From: StorYlade@aol.com

I can only speak for my garden--the standards on Proud Tradition (One of my
favorites during bloom season, but slow to increase) are a totally different
color  than Tropical Night (or River hawk, Color Coded, etc.  . . so many
really)  Almost a green cast.  Tropic Night, one of my first group in 1982,
was not as well branched as Proud Tradition.  TN's bloom is smaller, also.

A parent of Proud Tradition, Royal (?) Crusader, was placed in the cellar
with an open terminal, and the secondary bloom opened while it was there.
The terminal was about twice the size of the secondary, and the judges still
gave it a blue ribbon.  However, they would not allow it to compete for
Queen.

If you are referring to the proportions of the standard to the fall, then the
answer should be no.

Betty in Bowling Green KY.  The kid next door shredded three of my double
daf. blooms while I was gone.  Another attack of the white crested tag
puller.  Grrrrr!

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
http://www.ONElist.com
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!