Re: CULT:Bloom report-almost

From: StorYlade@aol.com

It does indeed bring back memories.  I have grown the old fashioned irises
that were passed around in my part of Arkansas--bi-tone blue--since I was
fourteen.  (I'm a year older than you.)  But I didn't succumb to the
temptations of a Schreiner's catalog, and one of those special offers, until
the fall of 1983.

The next spring I was deeply involved in creating a fancy graduation gown for
my daughter when my 'new' irises bloomed.  Only three out of seventeen
bloomed that first spring and most of my iris viewing was a glance here and
there out the window as I passed back and forth from the sewing machine.
First was a plicata of Schreiners that I can't quite remember the name of,
and then Lime Fizz, and the recently discussed Tropical Night.  I thought I'd
died and gone to heaven!  I'd no idea that iris breeding had gone so far!
Little did I know!

Betty in Bowling Green KY, where spring sprang right into summer.  (Again.)
Such growth in the iris beds!

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!