Re: CULT:MICE/VOLE deterrent

From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net>

I saw a gardening program on TV where someone planted castor beans near a
vegetable garden.  The caterpillars were attracted to and ate the castor
beans and left the veggies alone!  I thought this was a brilliant idea.  No
pesticides needed!

>From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>
>
>Dan, your idea of planting sugar beets to attract mice and voles away from
>iris rhizomes in winter is fascinating!  I don't have problems with mice
>(good cats), but your observations are interesting anyway.  Of course, why
>shouldn't mice have food preferences like the rest of us?  Wonder what they
>would think of chocolate bars?!
>
>Cindy Rust, Zone 5b, Missouri

>Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
>http://www.ONElist.com
>Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1