Re: MED: Or Lack There Of

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: MED: Or Lack There Of
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 06:38:40 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Re: hail damage - last year, I was amazed at how few of the emerging
flower stalks were damaged by the golfball sized hail - did >$1000
damage to the car, trashed the foliage, but I guess the skinny points of
the flower stalks were harder to hit.

Hearing of weather chaos from so many listers, I'm starting to feel
guilty over what is shaping up to be a remarkable year for irises here -
another SDB open: Mark Cook's pet, LITTLE SHOWOFF.  Unbelievable clump -
something like 12 stalks on 14 fans.  That probably sounds average for
the rest of you.  Stalks everywhere on the richly colored I. germanica
that rarely manages to bloom here - one of my favorites.  Even CRIMSON
KING has managed to produce a big fat stalk (poor thing rots almost as
fast as it grows - doesn't like the rollercoaster freezes at all).

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
where the weather lately has been reminding me of the song about Camelot

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!