Re: CULT:Bloom report-almost

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Hi Lew,

You don't have to be new to iris to get extremely excited about your first
bloomstalk.  I buy iris every year and it's always exciting to see the new
blooms.  And of course there are seedlings.  Sandy's first crosses should
bloom this year.  I've also noticed that Mike gets excited about new blooms
and he's probably seen iris all his life!

And then there is the excitement of conventions.  I assume this is your
first.  There is nothing quite like your first convention.  Somehow you
never think of well-known hybridizers as real people until you meet them.

It's spring!  We've had our first rainfall and the beds are clear of snow.
I'm checking them every day and garden clean-up is this week-end.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> Hi All
> Some may see this as a bit silly, but as most of you know I'm very new at
> raising Iris.  I'm about as excited as a 56 year old kid can be with new
> toys.
> Looking forward to OKC.
> Lew Best
> Waco, TX
> USDA Zone 8, Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 33
> Member AIS, RIS, TBIS
> email lewbest@mail2.texnet.net or bcl@mail2.texnet.net

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!