LA: MARIE CAILLET

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

In one bed completely destroyed by mice I noticed a small iris coming up and assumed that this was simply a piece of the old-fashioned "TB that wouldn't die".

Wanting to compare the leaf section to some of the newer TBs I checked and was floored to find that it was a LA! A check of the garden map shows this to be MARIE CAILLET.

This one wasn't nibbled, and from all signs, it was purposely avoided.

Does anyone have any ideas why this one might be different? (Others in this bed that were completely eaten were Versata, Biversata, I.fulva, other named LAs and I.virginica.)

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!