OT:Humor

From: starlord@QNET.COM (Slc.Dennis Bishop)

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has
provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam said, "Lord, when I was in the garden, you walked
with me every d ay. Now I do not see you anymore.  I am
lonesome here & it is difficult for me to remember how much
you love me."

And God said, "No problem!  I will create a companion for you that will be
with you forever & who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that
you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how
selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will
accept you as you are & will love you as I do, in spite of yourself."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam.
And it was a good animal.  And God was pleased.  And the new
animal was pleased to be with Adam & he wagged his tail.  And Adam
said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom & I
cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem!  Because I have created this new
animal  to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a
reflection of  my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam & was a companion to him & loved
him. And Adam was comforted.  And God was pleased.  And Dog was
content & wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that Adam's guardian angel
came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam has become filled with
pride.  He struts and preens like a peacock & he believes he is
worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught him that he is loved,
but perhaps too well."

And the Lord said, "No problem!  I will create for him a companion
who will be with him forever & who will see him as he is. The
companion will remind him of his limitations, so he will know that he is
not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam.  And Cat would not
obey Adam. And when Adam gazed into Cat's eyes, he was reminded
that he was not the supreme being.

And Adam learned humility.

And God was pleased.

And Adam was greatly improved.

And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a damn one way or the other.

*****

| Bishop Telescope Fund. Aim is to replace the ripped off    |
| scope with either a 6in or larger scope.                   |
| Dennis Bishop, 470 20th St West #23, Roseamond,Ca.93560    |
| Any Old broken scopes taken as donations too.              |

Has ONElist changed your life?
http://www.ONElist.com
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!