Re: MED: Pele and pumila, etc.

SDB 'Pele' has bloom stalks, also a first-year plant, but it has been beaten by 'Eiswurfel' SDB, 'Ingenuity' SDB, and it looks like 'Season Ticket' IB will also bloom first. 'Season Ticket' has a 12" bloom stalk and is showing color.
The big thrill in my yard is I. pumila 'Topa x Piroschka'. She just opened today and what a cute little iris. She's purple with blue beards and her flowers resemble a Tectorum. Tom Tadford little gave her to me last fall. Tom or Francesca AP9008-1 has a bloomstalk showing color. My other I. pumila  given to me by Suzanne Sluizer just finished blooming. Very large flowers, good substance, bicolor burgundy with dark stripes.
Sidney Gardener
Albuquerque, NM