Re: TBs:CULT

From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson <iris4u@pacbell.net>

Julia Rankin wrote:

> I have a friend who lives in San Francisco who tells me her iris are
> always 'bent and twining'. I assume they are TBs and that she has no
> idea what cvs they are. I do wonder why she would have that experience
> --fog?-- and whether she would have better luck if she went out and
> got some modern cvs?
>
> Any information appreciated.
>
> Julia in the Lower Sierra Nevada wher we had a wonderful blizzard over
> night and a couple of inches of snow. Bad because I was going to go
> visit my Grandkids today, with fresh baked cookies and candy -- good
> in every other way.
>

> Julia

Are the iris reaching for the sun??  Did she use too much nitrogen??  or
as you ask, would she do better with more modern varieties?  I would
suspect the first two reasons more then the third.  Lorraine at Woodland
iris gardens where the frost is heavy.

Share the wealth!
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!