Re: TB: mystery TB

From: "Shauna _" <skorblizzard@hotmail.com>

Hi Chris,

<snip>From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
Another one to look at considering may be COLOR CODED <snip>

I also read a description in the "McMillen's Iris Garden" 1999
catalogue of "'Don't Neglecta' (Muhlestrein '78) EM, 36" Pale blue
standards with very deep blue falls". Sounds close, too.

YOu are all right about comparing side-by-side blooms, that would be
the best way to confirm the identity, but I could just see my garden
next year... all slight variations of "Pale blue standards with light
blue falls"!

Who knows, maybe I will never identify it - it could be an un-named
cross that the company who 'selected and packed' it (VanZyverden
Superior Flower Bulbs) (..since 1919...) (grown in the USA) thought
looked like 'Dover Beach' (well, it does have some blue in it...).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their input!

(Zone 3, CIS member and brand new AIS member)

P.S. if anyone does have a photo of 'Color Coded' or 'Don't Neglecta'
I would love to see it!  ;)

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!