CULT: Bloom Time

From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

Dennis Kramb from Cincinnati wrote that he couldn't understand the difference
in bloom time between his place and ours here in Louisville.  It has been our
experience that micro-climates can make a big difference even within a few
miles.  I suspect this is the answer, Dennis.  Today, Mimi Might, Tax Time,
and Jewel Baby opened here.  Bob Strohman says he named his iris Tax Time
because it usually blooms on April 15th.  I called him today and he was
surprised that ours is blooming -- his is not.  He lives in the city and we
live in the southeastern part of Jefferson County, maybe fifteen miles apart.

Sure glad to hear the storms missed you last night.  Television reports of
the areas hit look bad.

Judy Hunt in Louisville

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!