Re: TB: mystery TB (Not Dover Beach..)

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

I must admit, there is something to be said for having grown iris nearly 40
years AND the old mantra: 'to be introduced, an iris must show distinction.'

You do not remember them all, many are forgettable; BUT there are those
iris that, once grown, you never forget.

Twist of Fate (Cleo Palmer 1980) was such a cultivar. When Shauna sent the
jpeg of her Mystery TB, something clicked, and I muttered; "I have grown,
and admired you." I went into my slide collection (way back!) and dredged
up a shot of T.o.F that I took in the early eighties and it was pretty well
a dead ringer. Yclept one taken from the side, one taken in the rain, the
other high shade, one 18 year old Ektachrome the other a video cam, they
were twins.

Let's hear it for hybridizers who truly buy into the 'It MUST Distinctive'

Mike,  mlowe@worldiris.com   --   http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate