Re: CULT: Bloom Time

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Yes, microclimates can mean a difference of a zone or two.  Ian Efford lives
in the north-eastern sector of the city and I'm south-central.  His bloom
tends to be a week before mine.

Maureen Mark
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> From: Judyhunt1@aol.com
> Dennis Kramb from Cincinnati wrote that he couldn't understand the
> difference
> in bloom time between his place and ours here in Louisville.  It has been
> our
> experience that micro-climates can make a big difference even within a few
> miles.  I suspect this is the answer, Dennis.  Today, Mimi Might, Tax
> Time,
> and Jewel Baby opened here.  Bob Strohman says he named his iris Tax Time
> because it usually blooms on April 15th.  I called him today and he was
> surprised that ours is blooming -- his is not.  He lives in the city and
> we
> live in the southeastern part of Jefferson County, maybe fifteen miles
> apart.
> Sure glad to hear the storms missed you last night.  Television reports of
> the areas hit look bad.
> Judy Hunt in Louisville

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!