Re: CULT: New Mexican iris on the Coast

My thanks to Mike, Damon, the Walters and the Nicolsons for

The information on iris for my friend, Jaimie, who responded as follows:

Wow. Thanks for all the Iris info. One thing I did not make clear is
that the garden I have them in is in Jenner, CA,. They are on an open
hillside and most of them get full sun. They get no fertalizer and are
divisions from a clump of irises in an area near SantaFe, New Mexico. I
always had the idea that they just grew too fast in this coastal climate
when they may have been bred for New Mexico.
At any rate, I think these particular irises may be ill suited for their
current homes and I should probably dig them up (does anybody need some?
They are purple) and I should find some cultivars suited for the coastal

Interesting that the plants turned out to be in Jennings, though Jaimie is

] a an Franciscan. Jaimie has an

Irish Glen of Imaal Terrier named Iris…

So. Sierra Nevada