Re: OT:Bees

From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>

Here in western Montana the bees were out and about two weeks ago--when we
had our first warm weather--now that we are having several weeks of
cold--and SNOW almost every day -not inches, but many flakes and cold
wind--they are holed up again--
We lost our hives about two years ago, due to the Mites, also noticed that
the 'paper-nest' builder wasps, who always build every year in our Pear
tree have not been there for two years now--
But--the big bumblers who like the Iris seem to be here in good
numbers--now all we need is some warm weather so something will grow--
I enjoy the bloom reports, and just keep thinking--long after their blooms
are gone, mine twill be starting--
Carryl in western Montana--down to 22 last night, so there had better not
be any flower stalks out there now!

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
http://www.ONElist.com
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!