Re: OT: bees and such

--I have two types of bumblebees in my Albuquerque garden, and they were out til this week when the temperature dropped and the wind returned with a vengeance. One is the big black and yellow furry variety and the new arrival last year is light brown with black stripes on the abdomen. Both types are very abundant, but the latter is aggressive. Only the big furry bumblebee seems to be interested in my iris
I don't use pesticides so I have a large population of bumblebees, honey bees, meat bees (the little tiny bees?), wasps, tarantula hawks, and yellow jackets pollinating everything. The bees seem to be on the increase here anyway.