Re: OT: weather and bees

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

The lightest color here is the early stuff that comes mostly from clover, fruit trees, and raspberries. Very delicate. Very boring after you've tasted the later Amber or Dark!

The little beasties get into my herb garden and the result is wonderful! The latest to be pulled is the Dark and the only difference between it and the Amber is buckwheat planted just for the bees. :)

MDBs and SDBs attract the honeybees.... Not many but enough that I have to be up before sunrise if I'm to beat them to the blooms. All other later irises are almost always ignored, because by then, the berries and apples are in bloom.

At the moment, we have no iris blooms in sight... Temps are still dropping to the mid 20s at night.

Christy Hensler
Newport, WA z4b