Re: CULT: New Mexican iris on the Coast

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

From: sidneygardener

<<What does this mean "Stongly urge the application of Occam's Razor on
this thread."?>>

Sidney,

It means "cut it short". Occam was a medieval philosopher. "Occam's Razor"
is the name given to the principle he expounded that if a there was a
satisfactory simple explanation to a problematic situation it should be
preferred over more complex explanations.

In the current discussion, however, assuming that the iris in question is a
form of I. germanica if it is short overlooks the possibility that it could
be one of two Middle Eastern bitone purple tetraploids that grow to IB
height - AMAS or MACRANTHA.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Has ONElist changed your life?
http://www.ONElist.com
Visit our homepage and share with us your experiences at ONElist of the Week!