Re: HYB: Beard Registration and Catalog Listings

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Beard Registration and Catalog Listings
  • From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 07:10:55 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

. (And I am still waiting for SOMETHING
> to bloom - all you CA and TX people are TORTURING us!!!)
> ===
> vincelewonski@yahoo.com
> Vince Lewonski
> Secane, PA

	So glad my Mississippi reports don't torture!  Maybe they entice??

	Terminals on two stalks of AURA LIGHT,  Blyth '96, opened yesterday.
 Such contrast between the stark white standards and golden yellow
falls with TDF form - wide overlapping hafts and starchy substance.
Such pluses make it easy to overlook the towing-in of the buds on a
side branch.  I'll worry about those later...they may need some help
in opening.

	The fascinating bud of CINNAMON SUN, reported on earlier, unfurled
this morning.  Basically, it is apricot with a purplish area (not a
wash or spot) in the falls.  This ia a Hamner iris introduced in
1993....very distinctive.

	More to come....

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (where the humidity left overnight)

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!