Re: OT: weather and bees

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Christy, thank you for the education about honeybees and the different types
of honey they make.  I am, unfortunately, quite allergic to bumblebee stings
(I don't know if this extends to honeybees; would you?) but have never been
stung in the garden.  I was stung repeatedly on the ankle one summer in the
horse barn (they had a nest in the ground of the hayroom that I was unaware
of) and by time we got to the horse show, my leg was very swollen and I was
almost passing out.  (We only made one class)  I had to have crutches for a
week afterwards, which is difficult when training horses for a living!  So,
I am careful around bees, but they seem to take no notice of me in the
garden.  They seem quite placid there.  Of course, I am careful not to step
on or very near them.  They do like the iris here, but there are also
hollyhocks near, which they adore.

Cindy Rust, Missouri

Are you hogging all the fun?
http://www.ONElist.com