Re: CULT: New Mexican iris on the Coast

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

HIPSource@aol.com wrote:

> This whole discussion is reminding me in some obscure way of "The Hunting of
> the Snark."

It may strike some that way, but others are learning a lot about the habits
and characteristics of the various species suggested, as well as the
difficulties of identifying irises from pictures, and the value of
understanding their growth habits and range. Certainly brings the level of
awareness of several aspects of the problem to the fore and is valuable for
many people.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:
http://members.home.net/jijones

President, Westbay Iris Society
Director, Region 14 of the AIS

Subscribe to iris-talk at:

Subscribe to iris-photos at:

Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist:  The leading provider of free e-mail list services!