Re: CULT: New Mexican iris on the Coast

Thank you, John. I find the discussion very informative. Being a species and historic lover I need all the information I can get.
>others are learning a lot about the habits
>and characteristics of the various species suggested, as well as the
>difficulties of identifying irises from pictures, and the value of
>understanding their growth habits and range
Thanks to everyone, I'm pretty sure my snaky, purple, fragrant, early, 24 inch, short branched, yellow tipped white, beauty is I. germanica. I did find one down the street with straight stalks.
Mike, have you tried I. mesopotamica from seed? I received some from SIGNA, but so far no germination. I wonder what it will be if it does germinate.
Sidney Gardener
Albuquerque, NM
Sidney Gardener