CULT:Katherines white iris

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

> I think what I will do though, is move all the iris in this >particular bed this fall and see what happens next spring.  And oh >dear, this bed is going to be empty...  Gee...  guess I'll have to >buy a few more irises to put there <wink>.

Of course you can't leave this bed empty, and more irises are the obvious choice! Don't believe anyone who tells you growing irises is addictive :-)
Have you tried the smaller bearded irises, or beardless irises? There is a large variety of irises to choose from othere than TB's. Check out some of the web sites on the link's page of the American Iris Societies home page.
If you decide to lift and move the TB's from this bed, make sure you are very thorough and move every bit. I had problems with a white iris when I first started growing TB's. NEW SNOW was and is still a very persistent and vigorous iris. The tiniest bit will grow rapidly and take over other irises. I doubt that I could ever get rid of it entirely if I wanted to.
It may even be that the iris you planted had a very small section of a white rz. hidden in its roots.
I had a similar experience when I planted daffodil bulbs given to me by a friend. The bulbs appeared reasonably clean, but many of them grew with accompanying Snowdrop plants. These must have grown from very tiny bulblets or perhaps seed. I was tempted to say my daffodils were turning into snowdrops!

Happy iris growing, Jan Clark (Australia)

Share the wealth!
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!