Re: TB: Bloom Report-Zone 7

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: HIPSource@aol.com
>
> Greetings,
>
> Here in Virginia, USDA Zone 7,  we have bloom today on CHANGE OF PACE
> (Schreiner 1991), and ALCAZAR (Vilmorin 1910).
>
> We spoke of the first here a couple of years ago, mentioning that it was
> recommended to us by Clarence Mahan, and we reported its capacity to rebloom.
>
> The mighty ALCAZAR is, of course, one of the preeminent irises of the first
> years of this century. Very beautiful, very tough, and a legend in its time.

	Anner, I'll swan!

	These two are stalking here, ten miles from Zone 8, but are not
showing color.  COP will be a strong contender for the Dykes as soon
as it is eligible  Two stalks of ALCAZAR appeared in last year's show
and will probably be ready for this year's show, less than a
fortnight away.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!