Re: CULT: Bloom Report and Weather

From:  Leslie Liddiard  <liddiard@esn.net>
Cindy Rust wrote:

<I still don't know why so many TBs are putting up stalks this early!! >
Well, I don't know why either--I'm just happy about it.  So far I only have color showing on Midnight Waltz and Saturday Night Live.  But I do have bloomstalks up on Arc de Triumph, Winesap, Tang Fizz, Alabaster Unicorn, 2 clumps of Thornbird, Duke of Earl, 2 clumps of White Reprise,  2 clumps of Carolina Gold, Pink Attraction, Hi Ho Silver, Spiced Custard and 6 clumps of unknowns given to me by an aunt years ago.
There are 3 stalks on Saturday Night Live, 4 on Midgnight Waltz, 4 on Winesap, and 3 on each of both clumps of White Reprise.  It's still a little early to tell how many the rest are going to put up since I've just seen the tips of the buds emerging.
I'm very excited to see the growth on my iris since I had so much trouble with leaf spot earlier in the year.  I'm keeping a careful eye on them and continue to treat them, while making sure the beds are kept clean.
Many others not doing anything yet, but they have some time.  My husband is so excited about all of the blooms, he's already asking where I want the next raised bed laid out.  How could I get this lucky?!
I can really attribute the iris doing so well to the mild winter that we had here in North Carolina (despite that nasty freeze at the end of March) and the wonderfully warm temperatures we've had now in April.
The Redbud and Dogwood Trees are in full bloom, as well as the beautiful azaleas.
Leslie Liddiard
Goldsboro, NC
AIS, HIPS, RIS    Zone 8 where I hope everyone else is going to have a wonderful bloom season