Re: TB: Next Dykes??

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Vince Lewonski posted the list of what is eligible for the Dykes medal
this year.

These are the ones that I've tried to grow in my stressful garden:
> FROSTED VELVET - seems to have disappeared - 2 plants three years ago to start with
> HELLO DARKNESS - won't bloom without late winter/early spring protection from late freezes.  Pretty spectacular flower!  Grows reasonably well.
> LENORA PEARL - limping along, didn't bloom last year, looks unlikely to bloom this year either.
> LITTLE SHOWOFF - definitely is a little showoff here.  One clump with 10 blooms open today - solid mass of color.
> PROFESSOR JIM - seems to be doing well abandoned to the edge of the swamp

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
 light frost on east facing window of car, 30oF here, 45oF in
Knoxville!  need rain

Looking to expand your world?
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!