Re: HYB: Application for Registration

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

> From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
>
> Walter Moores said:
> > 'Color, plus form if distinctive.'
> >
> > Anybody want to take a crack at that one?
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if there were several 'standard' forms of bearded
> irises?  How about space-age, bubble-ruffled, species-looking (?),
> horizontal falls, 45o falls, >45o falls, open-standards, conical
> standards, domed standards, fat shoulders, narrow shoulders, medium
> width shoulders, or maybe just call them pre-30's style, 50's style,
> etc.

> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

	Linda, thanks for your observations.  In looking in the Checklists,
I see 'slightly ruffled, ruffled, heavily ruffled."  I don't see
bubble ruffled as I think that is a sorta trademark for a hybridizer
in San Jose, CA.

	I don't see anything in the Checklists on the standards except for
color. Personally, I have always preferred open standards and closed
falls.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (overwhelmed with Paul Black's BLUE CHIP STOCK, an
MTB that is TDF....guess you could call it a dark neglecta.  This is
a great name, too--Paul must have a think tank working on possible
names)

shop.theglobe.com * One Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in the U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Gourmet, Jewelry, Kids, Outdoors, Sports, More!
             http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe0