Re: Bloom Report

From: Irene & Dan <izzy@sound.net>

Glenn Simmons wrote:

> I am sitting here day after day reading all these bloom reports and keep
> wondering where our blooms are!  Ray & Judy Keisling are 3 + hours north of
> us and they have blooms!  We are about the same distance south west of Cindy
> Rust!  What's going on here?  I can understand why Mississippi, Arkansas and
> other southern states are having bloom before us but areas north of us!  I
> think I am starting to get jealous!  We are having good growth in the garden
> just no bloom stalks yet.
> Any one else seeing this?
> Glenn
> --
> Glenn & Linda Simmons
> Springfield, Southwest Missouri, USDA Zone 6

  Glenn are you on the north face of a big hill, down in the bottom of a deep
glen, micro climates can make a big difference but I would have expected someone
in Springfield to be a week or two ahead of me not behind. Or could it be that
you only grow TB's and what are blooming in K.C. are SDB's IB's and MDB's. Talk
your local club into a late show, should be a place for you to shine.   Dan

I also hobble with scissors
Dan & Irene
USDA Zone 5

shop.theglobe.com * One Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in the U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Gourmet, Jewelry, Kids, Outdoors, Sports, More!