Re: Bloom Report

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

Irene & Dan wrote:

> From: Irene & Dan <izzy@sound.net>
>   Glenn are you on the north face of a big hill, down in the bottom of a deep
> glen, micro climates can make a big difference but I would have expected someone
> in Springfield to be a week or two ahead of me not behind. Or could it be that
> you only grow TB's and what are blooming in K.C. are SDB's IB's and MDB's. Talk
> your local club into a late show, should be a place for you to shine.   Dan
> --
> I also hobble with scissors
> Dan & Irene
> USDA Zone 5

Hi Dan,

We are on a hill, more or less on the top of the hill.  The front half of our yard
slopes to the west and the back half goes east!  I did finally find a few bloom
stalks late this morning, all on Golden Muffin!  No TB's showing any sign of bloom
yet.  We have experienced quite a few freeze / thaw cycles this spring and have been
fighting rot for over two weeks now.  During the morning weather report our local
weather guy forecasted a low of 30 degrees for both Thursday and Friday with the
high for both of these days to only reach the mid 40's!  Oh well, will have to wait
and see.  Sure am getting tired of this up and down weather.

Glenn & Linda Simmons

shop.theglobe.com * One Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in the U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Gourmet, Jewelry, Kids, Outdoors, Sports, More!