Re: Bloom Report

From: "R. S. Lockman" <thelockmans@tntie.com>

I am seeing this. I do have some blooms but not what they are having and
like you say they area north of me. I suppose they have a micro climate
situation or they are growing in a green house? I am happy with what I do
have tho and what I see in growth and up coming blooms.
Donna Lockman, zone 7 North Carolina.

----------
> From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
> To: iris-talk@onelist.com
> Subject: [iris-talk] Re: Bloom Report
> Date: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 7:11 AM
>
> From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>
>

> Ray & Judy Keisling wrote:
>
> > From: Ray & Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
> >
> > Yesterday we had our first bloom here in Liberty, MO -- just north of
> > Kansas City. First to bloom was Little Black Foot.  Today we have bloom
on
> > Pussytoes, Cradle Blue, Raspberry Jam, Llana, Ripe Raspberry, and
Banberry
> > Ruffles. Looks like it's going to be a great bloom season here.
> >
> > Ray & Judy Keisling
> > Zone 5 -- sunny and windy today
> >

> I am sitting here day after day reading all these bloom reports and keep
> wondering where our blooms are!  Ray & Judy Keisling are 3 + hours north
of
> us and they have blooms!  We are about the same distance south west of
Cindy
> Rust!  What's going on here?  I can understand why Mississippi, Arkansas
and
> other southern states are having bloom before us but areas north of us!
> think I am starting to get jealous!  We are having good growth in the
garden
> just no bloom stalks yet.
>
> Any one else seeing this?
>
> Glenn
>

> --
> Glenn & Linda Simmons
> Springfield, Southwest Missouri, USDA Zone 6
> mailto:glsimmon@swbell.net
>          or
> mailto:GlennSimmons@netscape.net

> Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
> http://www.ONElist.com
> ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!

Did you know that we add over 1,000 new e-mail communities every day?
http://www.ONElist.com
Explore a new hobby, discover a new friend, laugh at a new joke!