Re: TB: Bloom Report-Zone 7

From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>

Dennis, I have no secret to share with you about getting a bloom on
ANDROMACHE.  I didn't know it was a pure aril when I ordered it, or I would
have been afraid to try it.  I just liked its veining.  I tried to grow OYEZ
once from HIPS stock, but it died in the pot before I could even plant it.
Yet, it was OYEZ that got me to look at arils and arilbreds in the first
place.  We planted ANDROMACHE on the south side of our brick house right
smack up against the eaves, so it would receive very little rain.  (We have
watered it a bit while it was making its bloom).  We ammended the soil
(heavy red clay, yuk!) with a lot of sand and old, old horse manure.  We
feed it alfalfa meal or pellets and a balanced food.  That was the best we
could think of to do for it.  It seemed happy right away after we planted
it, as did BLUE ARTS.  Our soil is on the acid side, I haven't tested it,
but hydrangeas are always blue,blue,blue, and beardless love it here.

Cindy Rust, Missouri

Are you hogging all the fun?
Friends tell friends about ONElist!