Re: Bloom Report -buds

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Do any of you really enjoy the bud show?  I am enjoying
some of these as much as the blooms, especially when
they look ready to open and then wait an extra day.  I
was almost sorry ZANTHA gave in and bloomed.  Others
which are standouts are SATAN'S MISTRESS (spelling
correct today), NAVAJO JEWEL and VOLTAGE.  Not
all appeal as much, but the pointed yellow buds on the
pseudacorus are really nice as well.

Also, I am watching pink buds on a plant I acquired at
the Fort Wort Iris Society plant sale last summer.  It was
tagged SONG OF NORWAY.  Can this be right?  It's
supposed to be a blue white and I sure wouldn't have thought
the buds would be pink.  Really pink!

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!