Re: CULT: New Mexican iris on the Coast

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>
>We need to come into the real world on this discussion!
>*IF* you grow germanica, (44 chr), trojana (48 chr) and cypriana (48 chr)
>in your garden there is no possibility that germanica (44 chr) could be
>confused with the latter two iris.
>germanica (44) blooms with the MDBs and EARLY SDBs. It is in full bloom in
>my garden now (early SDBs are just starting). trojana and cypriana bloom in
>the normal TB season, nearly a full month later than germanica (44). I have
>NEVER had the bloom season come within even two weeks of overlapping for
>germanica versus trojana/cypriania.
Dear Mike and Anne: Obviously it is I germanica at Durham Academy, for I am
amazed at its earliness, and it was three to four weeks ahead of the pale
blue TB not in bllom beside it. The way it handled freezing was
breathtaking to me.  I have about 8 TB in bloom and SDB at peark. I have
two new arilbred seedlings, but both are lacking in substance. I have a
truly unique Space Ager, color Y/Bv, with huge flounces that go up at 45
degree angle.  Also my OO 24 -8-2 is giving an early bloom, - so I can use
it in corsses. Nice, eh. Ordinarily it is one of the very late ones.
Bethany won a 1,000 dollar scholarship in music from the Herald Sun (local
newspaper) for all seniors in Durham Chapel Hill and other localitites.
Lloyd Z in Durham NC

New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
Sign up for a new e-mail list today!