Re: Digest Number 425

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>
>Message text written by Donna Lockman:
>What is a tarantula hawk? I dont think we have those here. They sound
>It's a very large wasp.  A battle between one of those and a tarantula is a
>sight to behold.
>Sharon McAllister
Dear Sharon: WE have cicada hawks here. I have never witnessed any "fight"
, but I doubt the cicada is ever noted for fighting, as much as for its
'musicianship". I did have one take after me once, and I had to hit it with
the shovel. Mostly they are very inoffensive, bright orangy and black.   I
have had two new arilbreds from the pollen you sent. The first was a green
amoena with dark beard and suggestion of signal, but very very weak in
substance. The second is a birhgt yellow blend. It took a long time, but I
rejoice. The former is from a cross that was marked could be from TRIBE OF
JUDAH, - and it obviously is, for the other pollen was non-aril. Also a
seedling opened today that is yellow/blue-violet with big flounces that
stick up at 45 degree angle- stunningly different, but I need an outside
opinion on it. Lloyd Z in Durham NC

Did you know that knowledge is power?
Join a new ONElist e-mail community and strengthen your mind!