Re: HYB: Dr. Z's New Babies!

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

>From: HIPSource@aol.com
>Dr. Zurbrigg  described some of his newest seedlings thus:
><< I did have a seedling from MESMERIZER X BUZZ BEE open  two days ago. It is
>not much, but it does have the beginings of horns. Today I have three little
>stalks on a short SDB blue that may qualify as an MTB. The flower is very
>smooth, and has quite obvious horns on all placements. It is a sib to the
>white with flounces that I mentioned last year.  Also some nice yellow
>amoenas, - wide, with good form, and a
>couple of chartreuse-green amoenas (quite green)>>
>And Anner wants to say that the very thought of a green amoena makes her
>quite  giddy with joy! Maybe when you get a real good one, Lloyd, we could
>call it Katydid... if the name has not been used. I like the sounds of the
>little blue, too. Delighted to hear there are such interesting things coming
>up in your patch down in North Carolina, especially after the abysmal summer
>we had in this part of the world last year.
>Anner Whitehead
>Dear Anner:  You would certainly have liked the appearance of a new
>aril-bred seedling. It is very cloe to being a green amoena, with almost
>no hint of yellow. It is a Tribe of judah seedling, but alas the substance
>was like tissue paper. No pollen, but I put pollen of the reblooming
>aril-med seedling on it, that is a brownish amoena. Another aril-bred
>seedling opened today.
There are about eight tall bearded open, and oddly one is a very good but
very late-blooming seedling of MESMERIZER. Nice to have the pollen for
early crosses!The green amoena arilbred also has a nice fragrance. Lloyd
Zurbrigg in Durham NC

Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?
Tell them about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!