Re: Bloom Report -buds

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Donald Eaves"
> Do any of you really enjoy the bud show?  I am enjoying
> some of these as much as the blooms, especially when
> they look ready to open and then wait an extra day.
> Also, I am watching pink buds on a plant I acquired at
> the Fort Wort Iris Society plant sale last summer.  It was
> tagged SONG OF NORWAY.  Can this be right?

Donald,

I, too, have observed that some irises have particularly intriguing buds. I
grew a Chet Tompkins intro, SWEDISH SPRING, whose lime green buds opened
into a yellow/violet bicolor flower a la EDITH WOLFORD. Neat trick!

However, no way -even deep in the heart of Texas - is an iris with pink
buds going to turn out to be SONG OF NORWAY. My son drew a rhizome of SofN
as a raffle prize at the local iris auction several years ago. It turned
out to have orange buds (and flowers).

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate