Re: Song of Norway was Bloom Report -buds

From: "Mark, Maureen" <MARKM@tc.gc.ca>

Hi Donald,

Highly unlikely to be Song of Norway.  The buds are greyish -- definitely
not pink.  You might want to track down who donated Song of Norway so that
you can figure out what it could be.  It's happened to us a few times with
respect to auction iris so we at least had a list to work with and narrow
down the identification when it bloomed.  One year Karen (ruffled bitone
pink) turned out to be Heritage Lace (lacey yellow/white).  Another year,
Sailor (blue plicata) turned out to be Pink Pele (pink with purple spot).
Hope you can identify yours.

Maureen Mark
mailto:mmark@ottawa.com
Ottawa, Canada (zone 4)

> From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
>
> I am watching pink buds on a plant I acquired at
> the Fort Wort Iris Society plant sale last summer.  It was
> tagged SONG OF NORWAY.  Can this be right?  It's
> supposed to be a blue white and I sure wouldn't have thought
> the buds would be pink.  Really pink!
>
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1