Re: OT-BIO: Gary White - Region 21 Spring Tour

From: GWhite & LRader <bentfork@navix.net>

Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

>  Gary, welcome to iris-talk.  Sounds like your garden is one to see.
> Any chance you're going to be on the Region 21 tour when we have the
> regional convention in Lincoln next month?  So many great iris gardens
> in the Lincoln vicinity.  If weather co-operates there could could be
> a lot of wonderful viewing.  Your garden fits right into the Lincoln
> mold..Arnold

Arnold,
    Yes, our garden will be on the Region 21 tour.  We are hoping for a
good turnout for the convention. We have some wonderful gardens lined up
for the tour.
    The tour this year will include 3 hours of garden judging in the
Ensminger Varigay garden.  Garden judging will be conducted by Allan
Ensminger, Abe Feuerstein of Stockton Gardens in Stockton, CA and Mike
Moller from Denver, CO.
    I hope you can make it to the convention and if anyone else is
interested in the Region 21 tour this year, it will be in Lincoln, NE on
May 21, 22, 23.  There will be 7 gardens on tour and will culminate at
noon on Sunday May 23 with the garden judging and tour of the Ensminger
garden.  For those in the region, the full details will be in the Region
21 Spring Bulletin which should be out within a week or so.  If anyone
outside of the region is interested, please contact me directly for more
info.  This should be a memorable convention, weather permitting.

Gary White,Lincoln, Nebraska  - the weather has turned nasty with high
winds, rain and falling temps into the 30's by tonight.  Spring can be
so fickle.