Re: CULT: Bloom Report

From: Judyhunt1@aol.com

In a message dated 4/14/99 8:27:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

 	<Judy, I have seeds sprouting on   I. Lactea and have some plants on
 order.  What kind of setting are your plants in?  Shade, woodsy soil
 or what?  I am just getting started on species and fear I may have
 too much sun.>

Walter, it is in a raised bed not far from the edge of the woods where it
gets mid to late afternoon shade.  The heavy clay soil is amended with lots
of ground up leaves and some compost, so it is in pretty good condition.
Dean covered that end of the bed with netting held up by PVC posts to keep
the deer out.  They have managed to get in a few times anyway but have not
bothered the lactea or graminea (so far!).  Hope this helps, but remember
this is the first year for us with this and only time will tell if what we
are doing will prove successful.

Judy in Louisville, KY

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1