Re: MED: MTB - Blue Chip Stock

From: "Sterling Okase" <sterling_o@hotmail.com>

>From: "S&C Rust" <srust@fidnet.com>
>Mike, are you saying that PRIVELEDGED CHARACTER is the pollen parent
>to BLUE CHIP STOCK?  Will BLUE CHIP STOCK carry the same number of
>chromosomes at TBs, since one of its parents (?) is an SDB?

And that was my next question..... I know Echo Pond is a tetraploid
MTB (from Sindt, I believe)but when crossed with an SDB, you get an
intermediate type  seedlings with characteristics of both parents,
right? From past experiences with this type of cross, I find lots of
infertile seedlings, much like IB crosses.

How does one know if it is truly tetraploid (48 chromosomes)without
actually counting chromosomes? Or can we still call it tetraploid at
44 (24 chr from Echo Pond and 20 from Privileged Charater)

Iris Maniac,
Sterling (not Innerst)
Seattle, WA. Zone 8
And Friday Night Chat-o-phile

Did you know that ONElist hosts some of the largest lists on the Internet?
Our scaleable system is the most reliable free e-mail service on the Internet!