Re: OT:IRIS arrangements

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: Gordon & Loraine Nicholson
> Hello to everyone, San Joaquin Iris Society met last night at a florist
> shop, we all were asked to bring a few blooms (we took 5, almost wiped
> out our field, very little bloom here so far), the florist a non-iris
> person picked and arranged 5 beautiful table arrangements.

Loraine,

The Logan Iris Society met last night, too, and also had a program on
arranging ( a man once told me that "Great minds think alike", when I
suggested the same idea he did). Kathie Kasperek presented the program and
she focused on tricks of the trade to keep an arrangement from falling
apart before it is judged. She has judged the Artistic Division of our
local show, so she probably knows what kind of advice we most desperately
require. She had to use chrysanthemums for her demonstration - no iris in
bloom here yet. Next month we will do a program on selecting, transporting,
grooming and entering stalks in the Horticultural Division of the show.
Then in June we will finally get around to holding the show.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Have you visited the new ONElist home page lately?
http://www.ONElist.com
ONElist: The Leading e-mail list and community service on the Internet!