Re: MED: MTB - Blue Chip Stock

From: DWiris@aol.com

In a message dated 4/14/99 5:13:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, srust@fidnet.com

<< I am not familiar with ECHO POND either.
 What is it?  Your new seedlings sound great. >>

Dear Cindy:

ECHO POND is a tet MTB introduced in 1984 by the late David Sindt.  It is a
neglecta and height is listed at 18.5 in.  Cross is Annikins(IB) X Sdlg. 283:
(Annikins x (Kiss Me Kate(IB) x ((Emma Cook(TB) x Dotted Swiss(TB)) x I.
balkana))).  This type of cross would generally result in BBs, but selections
were made of the daintiest cultivars and at least two from this cross were
introduced.  They are on the large side for the stringent MTB characteristics
and, from what I have heard, I suspect that BLUE CHIP STOCK may be a little
large.  It is very difficult to breed tet MTBs that are small and dainty
enough to fit the standards.  I hope that BLUE CHIP STOCK	 is in
convention gardens so I can study it.

Dorothy Willott

Looking to expand your world?
ONElist has over 115,000 e-mail communities from which to chose!