Re: PCN: how big?

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

Hi,
    Last evening I gave a talk about Pacific Coast Native Iris. To me that
means the species that grow along the coastal area of the continental western
US I have only 3 pure varieties, but what a difference. Tenax is just about
3" tall now, while I macrosyphon and I. douglasianna are 12-15 inches long
(I'm referring to the leaf length)
So as to how big a PCN is depends upon what the parentage is.

I prefer to call the Pacific Coast Hybrids PCI as they are no longer native.

I brought CHIEF SEQUOIA (Weiler  '90) light blue, washed darker blue just
prior to the white signal. As part of the demo  it had a bud stock almost
10" tall which I had not even noticed when digging-maybe I would not have dug
it had I .

Rita B

  Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer
excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs1lb*
    Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US
            http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe1