SPEC: I. balkana source? (was MED: MTB - Blue Chip Stock)

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: SPEC: I. balkana source? (was MED: MTB - Blue Chip Stock)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:17:23 -0700

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Dorothy Willott in ? wrote:
> ECHO POND is a tet MTB introduced in 1984 by the late David Sindt.  It
> is a
> neglecta and height is listed at 18.5 in.  Cross is Annikins(IB) X Sdlg.
> 283:
> (Annikins x (Kiss Me Kate(IB) x ((Emma Cook(TB) x Dotted Swiss(TB)) x I.
> balkana))).

Another fairly recent intro with I. balkana in the ancestry...  I would
like to buy some balkana to see what its growth habits are in my
garden/climate.  Anybody know of a source?  Seems that both Sindt and
Hager have used it within the last decade or so?  Other hybridizers?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
forecast is for hail, storms, & high wind this afternoon, hard freeze
and overcast (so it won't warm up fast during the day) over the
weekend.  I guess you folks in California decided to give my weather
back. :<  At least we are having almost a week of much cooler
temperatures, so things won't be quite as tender as last week when highs
were nearly 90.

Are you hogging all the fun?
Friends tell friends about ONElist!