Re: SPEC: I. balkana source? BALKAN GLACIER

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	Linda, Hager's BALKAN GLACIER (balkana background) is one of Ben's
best growing and most beautiful works I wish I could get back.  I
tried for years to get something from it.  Each bloom would be tagged
with a different colored tag, and since it was so well branched, the
stalk would eventually look like a Christmas tree after the flowers
folded.  No pod was ever produced, and in my garden, it never had any
pollen.  If you use balkana, you might produce a beautiful dud like
B G.!  Good luck!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

> Another fairly recent intro with I. balkana in the ancestry...  I would
> like to buy some balkana to see what its growth habits are in my
> garden/climate.  Anybody know of a source?  Seems that both Sindt and
> Hager have used it within the last decade or so?  Other hybridizers?
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA

Looking for a new hobby?  Want to make a new friend?
Come join one of the 115,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!