Re: SPEC: I. lactea

From: "Walter Moores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

	Thanks to Bill and others who responded regarding I. lactea.
 Sounds like it is one really tough plant that can grow just about
anywhere.  Can anyone elaborate further as to which beardless species
are dry land growers and which ones prefer damp conditions and shade
and are adaptive to the heat of the South?   I have been hovering on
the brink of getting involved in species since attending a JT school
on species in Portland and in seeing the slides at that meeting.  Of
course, visiting the Abrego garden near Portland further fanned the
species flames.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS (7/8)

> From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>
> My I. lactea is doing well under just ordinary border conditions, but it is
> in about the sunniest place in my garden.

shop.theglobe.com * One Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in the U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Gourmet, Jewelry, Kids, Outdoors, Sports, More!