Re: CULT: Bloom Report

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

Hope everyone can skip our gales.  Still had new bloom.  Probably
reaching peak now.  Two grandmothers and two seedlings are new.
also KID'S CLOTHES & TENNESSEE GENTELMAN which will
make the attrition list.  Just not my sort.  This will get me some
flack, but I do the work so I choose.  NAVAJO JEWEL &
VIBRATIONS are also new.  I wondered if I would like V, but it is
nice enough to hold for consideration.  Also, it has 3 stalks and
that won't hurt.  The only MTB  bloomed - MOVE OVER.  This
makes a nice change, so I hope the others acclimatize or whatever
and start performing next year.  BLUE JAY WAY also - irksome
horizontal falls.  Always makes me think some bug has stung the
bud and it can't open properly; otherwise it is a nice color and quite
nice.  The cultivar purchased as SONG OF NORWAY did indeed
bloom pink.  No other colore visible, even on the beards.  Has the
skinniest beards I've ever seen.  Pretty much just a thin line of pink
hairs.  SATAN'S MISTRESS bloomed and I have to say this is at
the top of my favorites (and maybe at the top).  It's the color.  It is
startling at the depth and life it has.  Even while in bud.  HELLO
DARKNESS is in bud as well and in comparison has a flat tone.
Too bad this one is sterile or a difficult breeder.  It was colorfast
last year in our Texas sun and held up well in our wind yesterday.
It's been a moderate increaser.

Looking forward to the new ones tomorrow now that the wind has
abated.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7 - wondering what won the Dykes when ZANTHA
would have been eligible.  I'm still impressed.

shop.theglobe.com * One Stop Shopping * Free Shipping in the U.S.!
Live Personal Shopper * Satisfaction Guaranteed * No Hassle Returns!
Accessories, Apparel, Gourmet, Jewelry, Kids, Outdoors, Sports, More!
             http://www.onelist.com/ad/shoptheglobe0