Re: OT: weather

From: "Cliff & Rita Snyder" <snyder@eden.com>

Donald,

I am sick ... our Bloomfest is this Saturday and the field is littered with
pieces of blooms :(  We didn't get 70 mph wind only gusts of around 40).
However, those open blooms faired poorly on our open farmland.  Fortunately,
it has eased a little today and we have lots of new buds that should open by
Saturday.  I can't describe how sad I was looking at a row of 200 DIVINE and
TITAN'S GLORY all bedraggled. A word to those with VICTORIA FALLS, NOT A
SINGLE STALK CAME DOWN!!  and some are over 45" tall. I must consider the
"falling" issue a regional effect.  In fact, I had only 1 fallen stalk -
PACIFIC MIST. It was not rooted well so it toppled.

Cliff Snyder                        Austin, Tx
Rainbow Iris Farm            Zone 8
www.rainbowfarms.net