TB: SONG OF NORWAY (not)

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

> From: "Donald Eaves"
> The cultivar purchased as SONG OF NORWAY did indeed
> bloom pink.  No other colore visible, even on the beards.  Has the
> skinniest beards I've ever seen.  Pretty much just a thin line of pink
> hairs.

Donald,

Could your misidentified iris be CLOSE SHAVE (Duane Meek, '95)? It is
described in the '97 Mid-America Garden catalog as "Pale pink to ivory with
just a pink ridge instead of a beard"  (I expect this might vary a bit). I
don't grow it, but perhaps someone who does could give you a first-hand
description.

Glad to hear your wind died down before all your irises were blown to
"Baja"!

jcwalters@bridgernet.com

Share the wealth!
http://www.ONElist.com
Tell a friend about ONElist's 115,000 free e-mail communities!